Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Huambo becomes a branch

Hey Everyone,

This last week was a very interesting week. We had a lot of lessons
and found some new people. Sunday I did the translating for the
congregation. The branch I´m in offers translating into English, so
every Sunday the missionaries switch off translating. It was my first
time translating and I think I did okay. Our recent convert Augusto,
whom I have talked about a lot, received his first calling after just
a month in the church. He was called to be the Executive Secretary of
the Branch. He also received the Melchizedek Priesthood! It was cool
to see him doing so well. I also have some more exciting news. The
last area I served in was made into a branch this last weekend!
President Kretly arrived here in Angola and immediately went down to
Huambo to organize the branch. I´m very happy that they have made this
first big step! The church is growing very fast here in Angola. I´m
very grateful to have been able to see the hand of the Lord in this
beautiful country. I know the Lord is watching over His missionary
work. I love being a missionary and I´m grateful for the opportunity I
have been given to see the beginnings of the church here in this
country. I hope you all have a great week!

Com amor,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment